Sunday, December 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Samuel!!!




Samuel celebrated his 9th birthday Saturday, December 1st. Since both of our boys' birthdays are within 6 days of each other, we do not have big birthday bashes each year for both of them. This was Samuel's year to have a family birthday. I took cupcakes to his classroom on Friday and gave him a football he had been wanting. Joseph went shopping with me the day before, and he decided to share the football news before it was time. Samuel thought this was great--he said that Joseph was fun to have around. Somehow we started a tradition of putting streamers on the birthday kid's door before they get up. I made sure that Samuel's door was decorated Saturday morning. We gave Samuel another gift in the a.m.--a Mr. Potato Head Transformer. He enjoyed playing with this until it was time to load into the van to go to the parade. Because we were on the school float, he spent some of his birthday sweating and waving to people along the route. When we had said "Merry Christmas" a thousand times, we came back home and prepared to go to Chuck E. Cheese's for supper--this is how Samuel wanted to spend the rest of his birthday. We had a lot of fun eating pizza and playing games. We then came back home, had cake and ice cream, opened up his last gift (a nerf gun), and fell into bed. All of my kids are special, but Samuel was born the same month I lost my Dad. Every time I remember my loss, I also remember my gift from God in the form of a precious son.


2 comments:

Valorie Quesenberry said...

Sounds like a fun family day. I know Samuel enjoyed it. Sorry I haven't posted a comment in a while. You are always so diligent about posting pics and updates. Maybe I'll get with the program. Glad you're getting to go north for the holidays. Remember throwing snowballs on band tour in PA? Fun winter memories.....

Ronda said...

I enjoyed catching up on your blog...Happy Birthday to Samuel...Sounds like a fun day! Loved the pictures of the cowboy room...Very cool!(The "Wanted" picture of the boys is adorable!)I also enjoyed the Thanksgiving pictures...I haven't seen Joy and her kids in years! Hope that they are doing well! Can't believe how grown-up the kids are now! Trust you all will have a wonderful holiday season....May you feel God's Peace! Sure enjoy your blog!