Friday, November 30, 2007

The Boys' Cowboy Room










I mentioned in an earlier post that I was going to work in my boys' room. I cleaned and organized a few weeks ago, and I had not posted the pictures yet. I think that is because I got busy preparing for company and doing all sorts of baking and such. So, this is my Cowboy Room-the last room I will deep clean before Christmas. A couple of years ago we redecorated in this theme and it has been fun finding western treasures. The lariat on the wall is a real one used by a rancher in our area. I was excited to get it. I bought the bedspread first, and then tried to match the border. It took me awhile to get what I wanted, but I was very pleased to find this print. I wanted to tell you about the drum. Although it is not a cowboy theme item, I used it because of the family history. Doyle was cleaning out the instrument storage closet at school and found this drum. He remembered that it belonged to his brother years ago. He asked if he wanted it because it was no longer useful. His brother did not and said that it also had been used by his dad. It was going to get thrown away, but I rescued it, torn off the top, and use it for storing the toy instruments. There are all kinds of stories about various things in the room, but most of all I like the 2 cowboys that park their boots here after being on the trail all day long.

4 comments:

The Sayler Family said...

Sherilyn - You have always had such wonderful taste and creative ideas. I love the boys room! My friend is getting ready to decorate her boys' room with a western theme, so I'll have to have her look at your slide show.
Happy Holidays!

The Dickinsons said...

Enjoyed seeing the pics of your boys room, too cute! =)

Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving too!

Take care,
Love, Heather
PS...could you send me a quick email, I need to ask you a quick question? My email is dickinsonfam@gmail.com
I know that you are SOOO VERY BUSY right now, but just when you get a minute if you could PLEASE just send me a "Hello" email, I'd appreciate it!

Love, Heather =)

Making Memories 1999 said...

Love the boys cowboy room!! So creative!!

Have all of the Christmas activities started yet? Try not to get tooo busy! :-) Hope your Christmas season is a blessed one!!

Valorie Quesenberry said...

A great room, Sherilyn. I so admire your creative and organized temperament.