Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat


Friday night we took the kids out to beg candy from all the neighbors. Actually, there was an organized event on campus. It was so much fun visiting with all of our dear friends in a safe environment. After they visited those on campus, they carried their bulging candy bags into the van to go to Jupiter to a Baptist Church event. We really enjoy taking the kids to a Biblical-based fun evening. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves and declared it the best ever as we came back home.

Julianna decided on being a Chef since she had made an apron with my mom this summer.

Samuel wanted to be a pirate. The swords and patch went by the wayside as they were out gathering candy.

Lydia is Red Riding Hood with her basket of goodies.

Joseph also wanted to be a pirate. We thought it was very appropriate since he is missing his front tooth.

Are there any other moms out there that are tempted to take some of the candy out of their bags and slip them into Christmas stockings?--just wondering.

4 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Your kids looked cute and it sounds like y'all had a nice evening. Your comment about taking some of their candy and saving it for their stocking cracked me up. =)

Hope all is well y'all's way!

Mary Ellen said...

You guys must have gone really early! The kids looked great.

After the kids went to bed I dumped all four pumpkins into a huge bowl, I sorted out a few favorite things and the rest went in a big bag that got donated to the Bus Ministry. We've done it that way every year, that's all they've ever known and they don't even protest. They probably think that is what everybody does...hee hee.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

I have a large stock pot overflowing with candy. I haven't had time to sort it out but when I do Jr. Church will be supplied for the rest of the year!!

kayla said...

Sorry I missed you that night. The kids looked cute.
I never even thought of Junior Church, maybe that's the solution to my problem. I confess that I've actually put a little in lunch boxes this week. Hey, it's only once a year.