Tuesday, June 12, 2007

JULIANNA'S JOURNAL




Julianna is our 10 year old gal. She is our first born and likes that status. She will be in the 5th grade this fall and loves school. She enjoys an academic challenge. We are very proud of her accomplishments and remind her that it was God that gave her the abilities she has. She has been taking violin lessons for 6 years and piano for 3. This past year she added band. Doyle has her playing bells and other percussion instruments. She is very organized and likes structure in her life. When school let out, she thought we should put our plans on the calendar: water day on Thursday, craft day on Wednesday, etc. Since I like being organized, we get along well. We do have to work on being flexible.

She loves God and really wants to please Him. It is rewarding to see her having her devotions and growing spiritually. She is very good at making chocolate chip cookies and enjoys shopping with me. We feel privileged to have her as our girl.

Julianna has very long hair--it comes to about her knees. We bought her a book for her birthday with hairstyles for long hair. We tried a new one yesterday called the rope braid. It turned out pretty neat. When we went to the store, a woman came and asked her if her hair was real. We got a kick out of that. Julianna thought it was funny to think about buying a wig that long.

Recently when Julianna was playing a game and wanted to do something else while she played the game, Doyle explained that she could not do both things at the same time. She had a response, "Oh yes I can Dad, I'm a woman." We have to learn sometime, don't we ladies.

5 comments:

Patty said...

Dear Julianna, It looks like you are a very acomished lady. You're very good at playing all those instruments! I have played the panio for four and a half years now, and I want to play a violin! I can't wait to see you in July!
Love, Brittany

Making Memories 1999 said...

What an accomplished young lady!! I love the "woman" comment!!! She's learning early to multi-task, eh?! That is great!!! :) My children really enjoyed playing with your children when we were there. Thanks again for everything!!!!

The Dickinsons said...

You go Julianna with that long hair! Don't EVER cut it! I'm sooo proud of you! My hair has NEVER been cut, and nearly touches the ground. =) My Kimberly has LONG hair, below her bottom, and she is praying for longer hair than her Mommy has!

I hope you have a good summer!
Love, Heather in Colombia! =)

Esther Hilling said...

I enjoy being the oldest in my family too. I also enjoy school. I like your journal, and I can't wait to see you! Love, Melanie

Esther Hilling said...

I enjoy being the oldest in my family too. I also enjoy school. I like your journal, and I can't wait to see you! Love, Melanie